Interview Length: 35 minutes
Interview Date: May 6, 2010
Interview Location: Commonwealth Media Services, 333 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA
Remarriage brought Patricia Gadsden to Harrisburg in 1984. Her role as a foster parent and her love of training and development led her to found Life Esteem, which provides educational consulting, counseling and prevention outreach services. She began the magazine Women Connect in 2008 and co-hosts a weekly television program on community issues. In 2006, the Central Pennsylvania Business Journal named her as one of the top fifty Pennsylvania women in business. "If there's something that you don't think is effective or working well with regard to diversity, then you be the change that you want to see."
- Patricia Gadsden talks about growing up, her education, and what brought her to Harrisburg.
- Patricia Gadsden discusses her first impressions of Harrisburg and her children.
- Patricia Gadsden talks about Life Esteem, and different social services.
- Patricia Gadsden talks about diversity and Women Connect Magazine.
- Patricia Gadsden discusses being named one of the top 50 Pennsylvania women in business.
- Patricia Gadsden talks about the TV show "Life Esteem".
- Patricia Gadsden remembers her most unforgettable memory in Harrisburg.